The data controller is the one who decides the purpose for which your personal data is processed, in this case, El Camí de la Solidaritat (“El Camí”) with the NIF: G55771695; registered office at C/Pau Vila 58, 43850, Cambrils (Tarragona); and contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy notice for candidates in the selection process and talent pool
Last update: June 2023
1. Who is the data controller of your data?
2. To whom is this privacy notice addressed?
This privacy notice is addressed to all those individuals (volunteers, trainees, employees, etc.) who participate in any of the recruitment processes published and managed by El Camí and its members. Additionally, it is also intended for those individuals who, without necessarily applying for an open position, submit an unsolicited application.
In the cases in which after participating in one of our selection processes you wish us to keep your data for future positions in our Talent Pool, the present privacy notice will also be applicable to you.
3. What data are processed by El Camí?
El Camí may process the following information about you in connection with your request: name, address, telephone number, picture, email address and other contact details, resume, cover letter, previous work experience and academic information, knowledge and skills, professional and employment-related licenses, permits and certificates, information related to your references and any other information you choose to provide to us (employment preferences, professional awards or memberships, among others).
El Camí kindly asks you to avoid submitting information that may be considered sensitive under applicable law, such as biometric information, health status, genetics, race, ethnicity, sex life, sexual practices, sexual orientation, religion, philosophical or ideological beliefs, political opinions, union membership (including your opinions and activities), security measures, sanctions, and administrative or criminal proceedings.
4. For what purpose do we process your personal data?
El Camí may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Process your request.
- Assess your skills and qualifications for a position.
- check your references, if applicable.
- Respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your request.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- If you consent, we will retain and process your information for future similar job positions in which you may be interested.
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data are as follows:
- Execution of pre-contractual and contractual steps requested at your request. Please note that if you do not provide us with all the necessary information for this purpose, we will not be able to proceed with your application,
- Legitimate interest of El Camí in assessing your application and your profile for the position,
- Fulfillment of legal obligations,
- Consent, in those cases in which you want us to include your data in our Talent Pool. Remember that you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We also inform you that we will not process your data on the basis of automated decisions, including profiling.
6. How long will your Data be kept?
Your personal data will be kept for the period of time necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, and specifically:
- Recruitment process: during the recruitment process.
- Talent pool: six months from the date on which you gave your consent to us.
- Unsolicited applications: we will contact you to inform you of open positions where your profile may fit and we will process the data for the duration of the recruitment process. In case there is no position available, and we have your consent, your personal data will be included in our Talent Pool.
Once the Data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they are processed, they will remain blocked for the sole purpose of meeting any liability or obligations that may arise from the processing thereof. At the end of this period, they will be duly deleted.
7. Who are the data recipients?
Your Data may be communicated to service providers that assist El Camí in carrying out its business, for example, IT tools, technical support services, etc., as well as those departments of El Camí that should have access to the data. Some of the above may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
When your Data may leave the EEA, they will maintain the same level of protection based on compliance with the provisions of European data protection law. In this regard, international data transfers will be made (i) to countries with an adequate level of protection declared by the European Commission (ii) on the basis of the provision of adequate safeguards (standard contractual clauses) or (iii) by virtue of authorisation by the competent supervisory authority or under other conditions provided for in the regulations.
To receive more information about international data transfers or to obtain confirmation or a copy of the safeguards used, you may contact at email@example.com
In cases where it is necessary to comply with El Camí‘s legal obligations, the personal data may be communicated to the Public Administration and the State Security Forces and Corps.
8. Security measures
El Camí is committed to keep your personal data secure, taking all reasonable measures to do so. El Camí will implement all necessary organizational and technical measures in accordance with the regulations in force against any unauthorized access and modification, disclosure, loss or destruction. We demand and legally bind our service providers who may handle your personal data to do the same.
9. What are your privacy rights?
As the owner of your data, you may request confirmation from El Camí regarding whether your personal data is being processed and, if so, access to it. You can also request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
In certain circumstances, you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case El Camí will only retain them for the purpose of legal proceedings or the defense of claims.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, but please note that your data may be kept blocked for the prescription periods established by the applicable regulations. You may also oppose the processing of your data, in which case we will not process your data, except for compelling legitimate reasons or for processing possible complaints.
To exercise your privacy rights, please contact us to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process your request, please indicate “Data Protection” in the subject line and provide any information that will allow us to verify your identity. In certain situations where we cannot properly verify your identity with the information provided, we may ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID card, passport or similar documentation to assist us for this purpose (please, note that we will only need access to the minimum information necessary to identify you on your documentation, so you can anonymise/hide the rest of the information).
Likewise, if you have any questions regarding the exercise of your privacy rights, you can contact us through the email address mentioned above. However, we remind you that you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent Data Protection Authority (in Spain, www.aepd.es) in the event that you become aware of or consider that an event may involve a breach of the applicable data protection regulations.